Indianola Academy Daily Report
June 2, 2020
Parents and Students,
What a bizarre final quarter we just completed! Indianola Academy’s teachers and administration would like to thank you all for your diligence and cooperation during our time of distance learning. We recognize the fact that the method of instruction and learning was unfamiliar to most students and some may have struggled with material delivered through online format. In light of the situation, we are planning some enrichment opportunities this summer. These will be offered at no cost. Listed below are the dates and times for some of these sessions. We will add to the list as more dates are finalized.
June 4-5 and 10-12 (8:30-10:30) Algebra II and Advanced Math (Mrs. Domino)
June 16-18 (9:30-11:30) Pre-Algebra and Algebra I (Mrs. Cochran)
June 16-17 (9:30-11:30) 6th and 7th Grade Math (Mrs. Davis)
June 22-24 and 29-30 (8:30-10:30) Geometry and Pre-Calculus (Mrs. Holland)
Biology Blitz will be from 9:00-until.
June 16 Mrs. Makamson will be giving Biology II students the opportunity to complete the pig dissection they missed due to the quarantine. This is a wonderful opportunity to gain lab experience.
In our efforts to follow CDC social distancing guidelines, each of these sessions will have limited capacity. If requests exceed our capabilities, we will work to provide additional opportunities. Please let the high school office know if your child will be attending any of these sessions. You can email your student’s name and the session they will attend to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
We look forward to seeing students again!
- Students must be registered for the 20-21 school year in order to be eligible to participate in summer classes, activities, practices, and weights.
- All incoming 7th, 9th, 11th grade athletes (or any NEW athlete) must come to the school to take the baseline concussion test.
- The BSN junior high football shop has now opened. Please click here to view the flyer.
- Students in grades 9-11, that are registered for the 2020-2021 school year, may keep their MacBooks over the summer. Students that are not registered, MUST return their MacBook next week.
- Track clothes ordered from BSN are available for pick up in the high school office.
- Any girls trying out for dance team MUST be registered for the 2020-2021 school year.